1. The most important source of information for the municipal administrative system of the city of Pataliputra in the Mauryan empire is
(a) Indika (b) Mudrarakshasa
(c) Asokan inscriptions (d) Arthasastra
2. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer by using the codes given below the lists:
Select the correct answer from the codes given below.
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 2 1 4 3
(c) 3 4 1 2
(d) 1 2 4 3
3. A country is said to be in a debt trap if
(a) It has to abide by the conditionalities imposed by the International Monetary Fund
(b) It has to borrow to make interest payments on outstanding loans
(c) It has been refused loans or aid by creditors abroad
(d) The World Bank charges a very high rate of interest on outstanding as well as new loans
4. ‘Bhuvan’ is related to
(a) Google Earth (b) Book (c) Film (d) Song
5. Tourism industry in India is quite small compared to many other countries in terms of India’s potential and size. Which one of the following statements is correct in this regard?
(a) Distances in India are too far apart and its luxury hotels are too expensive for Western tourists?
(b) For most of the months India is too hot for Western tourists to feel comfortable
(c) Most of the picturesque resorts in India such as in the northeast and Kashmir are, for all practical purposes, out of bounds
(d) In India, the infrastructure required for attracting tourists is inadequate
neengalum ias agalam daily thanthi, neengalum ias agalam daily thanthi 2012,neengalum ias agalam daily thanthi questions and answers 2012
6. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer:
(a) 4 3 1 2
(b) 3 4 1 2
(c) 3 2 1 4
(d) 3 4 2 1
7. Who was the first person to establish an independent Indian army outside India?
(a) M.N. Roy (b) Lala Hardayal
(c) Rashbehari Bose (d) Subhas Chandra Bose
8. Which of the following is a common adulterant mixed in foods?
(a) Papaya seeds (b) Saw dust
(c) Water (d) All of the above
9. Where is located National Library of India?
(a) New Delhi (b) Kolkata (c) Chennai (d) Mumbai
10. The National Rural Development Institute is situated in
(a) Gandhinagar (b) Bhubaneswar
(c) Chandigarh (d) Hyderabad
11. India has launched satellite – based navigation system
(a) Gagan (b) Gomon (c) Akash (d) Star
12. Which one of the following is the objective of National Renewal Fund?
(a) To safeguard the interest of workers who may be affected by technological upgradation of industry or closure of sick units
(b) To develop the core sector of the economy
(c) For the development of infrastructure such as energy, transport, communications, and irrigation
(d) For human resource development such as full literacy, employment, population control, household, and drinking water
13. Which of the following States will soon have its first Civil Airports?
(a) Jammu and Kashmir (b) Maharashtra
(c) Assam (d) Sikkim
14. Vivekananda founded the Ramakrishna Mission in
(a) 1895 (b) 1896 (c) 1986 (d) 1899
15. What is the source of electric energy in an artificial
(a) a mini nuclear reactor (b) a dynamo
(c) a thermopile (d) solar cells
16. Capital of Pallavas was
(a) Arcot (b) Kanchi (c) Malkhed (d) Banvasi
17. Which of the following awards is given by the Government of India?
(a) Kalinga Prize (b) Oscar Awards
(c) Man Booker Prize
(d) Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding
18. Cryogenic Engines are used in which of the following areas of technology?
(a) Atomic Energy (b) Food Technology
(c) Oceanography (d) Space Research
19. The art and science of map making is called
(a) Remote Sensing (b) Cartography
(c) Photogrammetry (d) Mapping
20. Math the following term to its correct definition.
Codes:21. Match the following:
(a) A – 3, B – 1, C – 2, D – 5, E – 4
(b) A – 5, B – 2, C – 3, D – 1, E- 4
(c) A – 4, B – 5, C – 1, D – 3, E- 2
(d) A – 4, B – 1, C – 2, D – 3, E – 5
(a) A – 4, B – 1, C – 2, D – 3
(b) A – 3, B – 2, C – 3, D – 1
(c) A – 4, B – 2, C – 1, D – 3
(d) A – 2, B – 1, C – 4, D – 3
22. In the Delhi Sultanate, the highest authority for land revenue was
(a) Chaudhari (b) Rawat (c) Rana (d) Malik
23. Ashoka, the great was
(a) The Grandson of Chandragupta
(b) After the battle of Kalinga, he renounced violence and embraced Buddhism
(c) A great emperor of India
(d) All are correct
24. Where did the Portuguese first found a factory in India?
(a) Cannore (b) Calicut (c) Cochin (d) Chinsura
25. Direction: Select your answer from the codes given below and mark your answer sheet accordingly.
(a) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(b) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(c) (A) is true but (R) is false
(d) (A) is false but (R) is true
Assertion (A): Manimegalai is a Buddhist supplement to Silappadigaram.
Reason (R): Buddhism was the predominant religion of the Sangam Age.
1.(a) 2.(d) 3.(b) 4.(a) 5.(d) 6.(b) 7.(c) 8.(d) 9.(b) 10.(d) 11.(a) 12.(a) 13.(d) 14.(b) 15.(d) 16.(b) 17.(d) 18.(d) 19.(b) 20.(d) 21.(a) 22.(a) 23.(d) 24.(a) 25.(a)